Monday, July 22, 2013

12 Days Post-Op

I don't have much new things to say, but I thought I should do a short little post anyways.
It's now been 12 days since surgery, and I am starting to feel really good. My chin numbness is starting to go away, and my stitches aren't bothering me as much anymore. Almost all of my swelling is gone. My jaw itself isn't really in any pain, although it gets very sore after I eat. And I am able to eat so much better now. Two days in a row I have had a full normal dinner! I just have to make sure that I cut up whatever I eat into really small pieces so that I don't have to chew a lot. And I also need it to be in small pieces so that it can even fit into my mouth. I still can't open it very far due to the elastics and due to my jaw muscles being weak.
I'm still so happy to be eating normal food though! I've already gained back 3lbs.

On Wednesday I have an appointment with my orthodontist so that she can see how the surgery went. And I believe she will be taking new x-rays of my jaw and teeth as well. I will probably make a post after that appointment to let you all know what she says. And since it's Wednesday, it will also be my 2 weeks post-op post! I'll try to take some new pictures to upload as well then.

No comments:

Post a Comment