Sunday, July 07, 2013

Three Days To Go

Three days until the big day... Which means only two sleeps left.

On Friday I had my last ortho appointment beforehand and they added a bunch of small hooks onto the wires of my braces. I guess these will be used after surgery for elastics. They told me that having these hooks on might be painful and make my mouth sore, so they stockpiled me with a bunch of wax. But luckily, they have not bugged me once yet. *fingers crossed*
And I already have my ortho appointment for after surgery booked- They want to see me exactly two weeks after (July 24th) just to make sure everything looks good on their end and to take a few x-rays. I really hope that I am feeling okay that day. I didn't expect to be seeing them that soon after.

Tomorrow morning I have my pre-op assessment at the hospital. I'm hoping that I will get a bit more information about what to expect from that. Or even ideas on what I need to bring with me? I've never stayed in a hospital before, so I don't know what to expect for sleeping there overnight. I will probably make a post tomorrow after the appointment to say how it went.

Oh, I forgot to say... That with these extra hooks I feel like and look like a total metal mouth right now. I'm not used to it due to having ceramic braces.




No comments:

Post a Comment