Thursday, December 05, 2013

148 Days Post-Op

Wow I am a horrible blogger. I haven't posted in like... almost 3 months?

It is insane to think that in 5 days it will be 5 months since my surgery. Honestly, it feels like that it was forever ago to me. I feel like I am completely back to my normal self (just with more confidence which is always awesome!). I have no side effects what so ever anymore and rarely even think about the fact that I had a major jaw surgery done.


I also have a bunch of new stuff going on in my life recently which has been keeping me very busy.

In January I am going to be starting a Health Care Aide program which is exciting. I never really knew what I wanted to do for school or a career which is why it took me a few years to apply to anything. But I always had an interest in the health care field. And I think going through this surgery kind of helped me along- All of the nurses and health care aides that were taking care of me during my hospital stay were amazing, and made me think that I wanted to be able to help people like how they helped me. I'm kind of nervous for the course as some of the science stuff wasn't always the easiest for me. But I am also starting to get excited.

I have also been working a lot lately. As you can imagine a store like Walmart is starting to get very busy now with Christmas coming up. But it's nice working a lot as it means more money. I also had a chat with my manager the other day and he wants to get me trained on the customer service desk. I guess I've been doing something right at work if he wants to give me more responsibility.

And lastly... I'm surprised I could even wait this long to write this out.
I AM ENGAGED!
On October 27th (2 days before our 6 year dating anniversary) my boyfriend and I went out for dessert and drinks to celebrate our anniversary as well as his birthday (which was the day before). I had a feeling something was up... Because when we got home afterwards he told me that I wasn't allowed to come in right away as he had to set something up. And sure enough when I was finally allowed to come in he had the lights out with candles light, music playing, and rose petals on the ground leading me to him. Of course I said yes.
I am very excited, and have been looking at wedding stuff like non-stop since then. I think I am already driving my boyfriend insane. But I just can't help it!


That's all I really have to say right now. In a few days I will post again with a bunch of new photo updates. Last weekend my boyfriend and I actually got some photos taken that we plan on giving out to our family for Christmas. I should be getting them any day now, so I will put up a bunch of those.

I just noticed that I still keep saying "boyfriend" instead of "fiance". That just still seems like such a foreign word to me. I need to get used to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment