Tuesday, February 11, 2014

7 Months + 1 Day Post-Op!

I was planning on writing a 6 month post-op post, but never got around to it. So here is a 7 month post-op one instead.


Last month I had a check-up with my surgeon and everything went good. He is very happy with how my jaw/bite turned out from the surgery. And is also very happy with the healing of my stitches and jaw itself, and my jaw movement. Everything is basically back to normal. He even said that if he was my orthodontist, he would be taking off my braces already. But my actual orthodontist is a bit more of a perfectionist then my surgeon is.
I had an orthodontist appointment last week and she told me that she just wants to tweak one area on my left side where my teeth don't touch perfectly flat. So I'm currently wearing an elastic to bring my teeth closer together when they're closed. After that is tweaked to her liking, I will be able to get my braces off. Which makes me so happy. I'm hoping that within maybe 2 months they will be off.

Besides that, I don't have much else to say.
I've been very busy between work and being back in school. My course is going very well so far and I am doing good in it, but I am already starting to get worn out between having a full day of school, studying for tests, and working most evenings. So life has been busy. Next week is also my birthday. I won't be doing much at all for it, but I'm excited.

I hope everybody else is doing good!

No comments:

Post a Comment