Tuesday, July 09, 2013

15 Hours To Go

My boyfriend and I just got home from getting massages, and they were really nice. It relaxed me quite a bit. 

There is basically like 15 hours until I will be going into the OR.
I'm nervous but I'm not at the same time. I'm just a mess of mixed feelings right now. I wish that I had longer to prepare but I also wish that it could already be tomorrow right before. I just want it to be over with so that I can stop worrying about things, and just know how I am going to feel after.

I'm still in the process of packing my overnight bag since I'm still trying to figure out what I should bring. Is it worth it to bring a book or something to pass the time, or will I literally just be sleeping the whole time I'm in the hospital? Should I be lame and bring a stuffed animal with me? Should I be bringing any of my own food or drinks with me, or will that not be allowed?

Hmm.. I said that I was going to upload pictures of some of the things that I've bought specifically for this. I will probably need to get way more stuff later on, but this is at least a start. So here we go-



These are my cold foods- Icecream to use for milkshakes/smoothies, different kinds of pudding, yogurt tubes, hummus, Boost meal replacement drinks (variety pack with chocolate, vanilla, strawberry and mocha flavours), some frozen fruit to use in smoothies, and some sprite to help with any nausea.


These are my cupboard foods- Kraft Dinner, packaged scalloped potatoes, Sidekicks packaged noodles, instant oatmeal, soup (cream of broccoli and potato/leak, so they're just broth types), more pudding, some jello, and instant jello powder (I use this to flavour milkshakes. It is super delicious).


These are my random items- Facial wipes (I use these instead of having to wash my face. It just makes it so much easier), sensitive toothpaste (braces have made my teeth pretty sensitive, so I know they are only going to get worse), baby spoons to make eating easier, a baby toothbrush (it has a picture of Eeyore on it :D), Listerine Zero mouthwash, take-along kleenex packages, a mirror, and a whiteboard (just in case it's hard for me to talk at first).

On top of these items I also have a bunch of potatoes, sweet potatoes, and carrots to cook up until they're soft enough to mush.

I hope these all help me. And hopefully I gave you guys some ideas if you're making a list of what to buy yourself.

I should really finish packing my bag now, and try to sleep in a little while (even though I know it won't be possible). I probably won't have time to post at all tomorrow before surgery, and of course after. So when I am home on Thursday I will let you all know how it went and how I am doing.

Thanks so much for all of the goodlucks!

No comments:

Post a Comment