Wednesday, July 17, 2013

7 Days Post-Op (Second Post)

I thought I would put up a new post with more stuff in it since I'm feeling a bit better tonight then I did earlier today.

My Grandma came over to have dinner with my boyfriend and I tonight as she's moving away on Saturday. And she brought pizza, which I was a bit iffy about. But I was told by my surgeon that I had no restrictions on chewing or what I ate.
I think I'm one of the few with no food restrictions- lucky me.
But I was almost scared of trying to eat something like that because I don't want to mess anything up by over-working my jaw. I attempted and managed to eat almost two pieces of pizza by cutting it up very small and by mainly chewing with my front teeth. It was very yummy. I noticed after eating that one of my stitches managed to fall out though. But there was no blood or anything, so I guess that it fell out of an area that was pretty healed already. And now my jaw is so sore. I have a heat pack on it hoping that it will help my muscles relax. And it's almost time that I can take more pain medicine in a little while which will help a bit as well. I'm done taking my T3s though. The first few days I was so afraid of feeling pain that I took them religiously every 4 hours even if I wasn't in pain that at moment. I went through 30 T3s in about 5 days... Which I know is not good for you. So now I am just taking some regular Extra Strength Tylenol when I feel pain.

I'm also happy to say that a lot of my swelling has gone done. There is still a bit left there (it feels like there's more then it looks), but I look mostly normal now. Except for the fact that my bruising got pretty bad a few days ago. My facial bruising is starting to face. But I have some major yellow bruising along the front of my neck and the top of my collar bone now. I hope it goes away soon. I also have a lo of numbness. The whole front of my chin underneath my bottom lip is numb. And my lips themselves are partially numb. My mouth looks weird right now and I can barely even partially smile because it just feels numb and stiff. The whole bottom of my face just feels and looks stiff. It's weird trying to get used to how I look right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment