Tuesday, August 20, 2013

40 Days Post-Op

I am seriously so bad at updating this. But there's not a lot of new things going on with me, except...

I AM NOW ELASTIC AND SURGICAL WIRE FREE!!

At least during the day time.

I had an ortho appointment this morning, and everything is looking good. My orthodontist took off my surgical wires and just put a regular wire back into my braces. It is weird looking at they teeth now- The surgical wire and hooks hid them so much that now my teeth look big with not a lot on them. I was also told to stop wearing the elastics that my surgeon gave me. I now only have to wear one elastic on one side of my mouth while I sleep. My top jaw is a little bit off-centered so the one elastic should bring my jaw a bit over to that side.

I cannot express how excited I am to not have all of that extra metal and elastics in my mouth now. I was self-conscious about talking a lot or smiling at work before because I got quite a bit of questions from people. And it also just looked ugly in my opinion. Now I actually don't mind smiling with my new smile. Even though I will have my braces for a while still, I feel like my smile looks normal for once.

I have some photos to post... But I'm honestly too lazy right at the moment to do so as I just got home from work a little while ago and I still need to eat dinner.
So I will probably make a post tomorrow just strictly for photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment