Wednesday, August 07, 2013

28 Days Post-op

It has now been four weeks since my surgery, wow. The past two weeks feel like they have flown by. And I feel like I'm come a long way. I rarely have pain anymore except sometimes when I am chewing. And my energy level is slowly starting to return to normal.
I started back at work last Thursday, and lucky me, I started off working a 9 hour shift. I was exhausted after that first day. And I have no idea what I did to myself, but on top of being super tired I hurt my leg somehow. It sucked. Luckily I didn't forget as much stuff as I thought I had. But it did feel weird getting back into everything. And every day that goes by now I feel like I am starting to get more energy. My body was so not used to the kind of phyiscal-ness that I do at work, that the first few days my swelling came back quite a bit. One customer actually asked me if I had my wisdom teeth taken out because my cheeks were all puffy. Nobody else really mentioned anything to me though. Which I'm happy about because I find it hard and kind of awkward to explain my surgery. But at the same time I kind of felt disappointed that nobody said anything to me. I mean, I didn't go through all of this to just be the same in the end. I almost wish that it was more obvious.

On top of being back to work now, this week I've been pretty busy. Every year my city has this thing called Folklorama that they put on- It's like a big multi-cultural event where different cultures each have a pavilion where they showcase their culture. They have a show with music and dance, food/drinks, and some sort of cultural display. My boyfriend and I have gone to a few different pavilions this week for Folklorama. So far we've gone to see an Africa one, a Celtic Irish one, and an Indigenous Mardi Gras one. They're really fun to go to, and I love getting to try the different foods. If anybody is ever in my city (Winnipeg, Manitoba) in August you really should check it out. They even have a website with a bunch of information- http://www.folklorama.ca/

So as you can tell, I am pretty busy right now. And not much new is going on regarding my recovery.

This weekend I am going to be even more busy, so I probably won't be posting another update for a bit. I magically have the whole weekend off of work, so my boyfriend and I are going to go out camping and to the beach. Since this will probably be our last chance before the summer is over. We're also going to be getting out to some more Folklorama pavilions on Sunday. I am very looking forward to this weekend.

I hope everybody else is doing good! I'll try to update as soon as possible after the weekend and let you know about my camping adventures- I'm curious how my jaw is going to be sleeping on an air mattress. And I plan on taking a bunch of pretty pictures at the beach, so I'll hopefully have some more new ones to post. As I know I'm really bad with posting photos. I just feel like I never have good enough ones to warrant putting up.

No comments:

Post a Comment