Thursday, August 01, 2013

22 Days Post-Op

I've gotten so bad at writing blog entries. But I don't feel like I have enough to say to be interesting. Not much has really been going on or changing lately.

On Friday and Saturday my boyfriend and I went out to visit my Grandparents (they live over the provincial border, about 2 hours away). We don't get to see them too often so it was nice getting out there for a few days. We just visited and spent some time outside. And they took us out fishing early Saturday morning. It was nice to just get away from my city and relax outdoors.

This morning I had another follow-up appointment with my surgeon. He's still happy with everything- he says my incisions look like they're healing really well, my range of motion in my jaw is good right now, and my swelling is still going down which is good. I don't have to see him again for another month now. And he's given the okay to my orthodontist to change up my elastics when I see her next, which will be August 20th. So I am still wearing my elastics the same way that I have been for about another 3 weeks. But then I think I should be good to get my surgical wire taken out and to go back to the regular elastics on my braces.

I barely feel any pain lately. I sometimes get a pain in the side of my jaw (I'm guessing where the metal brackets are holding my bone together) when I chew too much, but it hasn't been that bad. I probably haven't taken pain medication for over a week now. And my chin numbness keeps fading and fading every day. I feel like I've been clenching my teeth a lot in my sleep lately though due to the elastics. I hope I'm not grinding my teeth also. Just right when I wake up my jaw feels very tense and my teeth are a bit sensitive. Besides those small things, I feel pretty normal right now.

The only other new thing is that today is my first day back to work since surgery. I'm kind of nervous. I'm a cashier so I have to remember a lot of SCU codes for produce and such, and I feel like I've completely forgotten all of it. I think I've also forgotten the locker code to my locker at work.. Which is not a good thing as my uniform thing is in there. Hopefully it comes back to me once I'm actually there. And I really hope that I have the energy to start back. Although I don't have to do a lot of lifting, there are some stupid customers that put their heavy items onto the register belt and expect me to lift them, rather then me just using the hand gun. And I probably shouldn't be lifting things that are too heavy yet. I'm sure I'm just worrying way too much, and that everything will be fine. It just feels weird to be going back to work already.

In a few days I'll let you know how it is. I don't think I'll be coming on as much with work now, as I usually work quite a bit every week. But I'll try to update whenever I can.


Now here's some pictures from a few days ago:


Somewhat of a smile.

How far I can open my mouth right now.

3 comments:

  1. You look awesome! I can't wait till I can open my mouth that far! : ) Hope your first day at work was great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How have you been feeling now that you are back to work? Do you find yourself feeling super tired?

      Delete
    2. The first few days I was very tired afterwards. But I'm slowly starting to get used to it now. Although talking as much as I need to at work has started to irritate my incisions.

      Delete